1. Hingula (Hinglaj) Devi’s mind or brain fell here and the idols are Devi as Kotari (Durga) and Shiva as Bhimlochan (Terrible eyed or the third eye). The location is towards 125 km from Karachi, Pakistan.
2. Sharkarare or Karavipur Devi’s three eyes fell here and the idols are Devi as Mahishmardini (Durga the destroyer of Mahishashur) and Shiva as Krodhish (the one who can be angry). It is near Karachi in Pakistan, by rail the nearest station is Parkai.
3. Jwalamukhi, Kangra, Devi’s tongue fell here and the idols are Devi as Ambika (Mother) and Shiva as Unmatta (Furious). This is located near Pathankot, H.P., Jwalamukhi Road.
4. Sugandha Devi’s nose fell here and idols are Devi as Sunanada (Pleasing) and Shiva as Traimbak (Rudra). In the state of Bengal near Barishal in Shivahri Karpur village Devi’s temple is located and Shiva’s temple is in a village called Ponabalia, nearest railway station is Jhalkati.
5. On Bhairabha mountain near Avanti Devi’s upper lips fell here and idols are Devi as Avanti (Modest) and Shiva as Lambakarna (Long eared one). It is located near Ujjain.
6. Attahas (laughter) Devi’s lower lips fell here and the idols are Devi as Fullara (Blooming) and Shiva as Bhairabhvishesya (Lord of the universe). The place is in Bengal near Birbhum. Image of Devi and the Shiva temple is next to the Devi temple. It is a major pilgrimage and tourist attraction.
7. Prabhas Devi’s stomach fell here and the idols are Devi as Chandrabhaga (Throne of the moon) and Shiva as Bakratunda (the one with the bent staff). This is near Mumbai where a launch goes to Bharoal which is near Prabhas.
8. Yanasthana Devi’s chin fell here and the idols are Devi as Bhramari (female Bumble bee or attendant of Durga) and Shiva as Vikrakatakkha (one with the crooked eyes or look). Other names are Devi as Chibuka (the one with the chin) and Shiva as Sarvasiddhish (the one who can provide all desires).
9. Godavari (river) Devi’s left cheek fell here and the idols are Viswamatuka (mother of the world) and Shiva as Dandapani (the one who holds a staff).
10. Gandaki (river) Devi’s right cheek fell here and the idols are Devi as Gandakichandi (the one who overcomes obstacles or Gandi) and Shiva as Chakrapani (Holder of the discus). Famous pilgrimage.
11. Suchidesha Devi’s upper teeth fell here and the idols are Devi as Narayani (the wife of Narayan) and Shiva as Sanghar. Panchasagar – Devi’s lower teeth fell here and the idols are Devi as Barahi and Shiva as Maharudra (the angry one).
12. Bhavanipur or Karota (river) Devi’s left seat or her clothing fell here and idols are Devi as Aparna (the one who ate nothing, not even leaves) and Shiva as Bhairabha (Destroyer of fear). The King of Nator and his grandson the Maharajah Ramakrishna used to meditate here. The seat, the yognakunda and five skulls are still here. In the month of Baisakha according to the Bengali calendar, there is a large fete or Mela here to celebrate Ramanavami or Deepanbita.
13. Shriparvata or Shri mountain Devi’s right seat fell here and the idols are Devi as Shri Sunadari (beautiful) and Shiva as Sundaranand (the handsome one).
14. Karnat Devi’s two ears fell here and the idols are Devi as Jai Durga (the victoriuos Durga) and Shiva as Avirooka.
15. Vrindavana Devi’s hair fell here and idols are Devi as Uma (Devi) and Shiva as Bhootesh (or provider of all desires). Playgorund of Lord Krishna and the gopis.
16. Kirit Devi’s crown or headdress fell here and idols are Devi as Vimala (Pure) and Shiva as Sangbarta. Take the train to Ajimganj. The temples are on the shore of the ganges near Batnagar. (in Bangladesh?)
17. Shrihatta Devi’s nape of the neck fell here and the idols are Devi as Mahalakshmi (the goddess of prosperity and wife of Mahavishnu) and Shiva as Sarvananda (the one who makes everyone happy). Devi’s temple is Near Shrihatta town and Shiva’s temple is near Jainpur. Shivaratri and Ashokashtami are celebrated with a Mela (carnival). Take train from Calcutta to Goalanda and steamer to Kechuaganj. Then either take a boat or walk about five miles (6 koshas).
18. Nalhati Devi’s vocal pipe fell here and the idols are Devi as Kalika (Durga) and Shiva as Yogesh. By train from Howrah station.
19. Kashmir Devi’s neck fell here and the idols are Devi as Mahamaya (the great Illusion) and Shiva as Trisandhyasvar. The famous pilgrimage is Amarnath. There is a Shiva linga of glacial ice which expands and contracts with the seasons.
20. Ratnabali Devi’s right shoulder fell here and the idols are Devi as Kumari (Durga) and Shiva as Bhairabha (Remover of fear).